Wednesday, April 18, 2018

"This was amazing!"

Concert Reaction: 
Ashley Heaton Starr shared Aerobatics Performing Arts's video. 
This was amazing! What a wonderful combination to have this incredible aerial team matched with the Orchestra of Southern Utah. I would love to see this become a regular tradition. My whole family was in awe!

Concert Photos by Asher Swan: 

Aerobatics Performing Arts performed with Mars, Venus and Jupiter by Holst.





Dr. Xun Sun conducting the April concert.



Concert photos by Brooke MacNaughtan:
Concertmistress Heather Wilhelm warming up backstage

Pam and Blate Minkler with OSU Manager Emily Hepworth

Harold Shirley recognized OSU awards from Cedar City Chamber of Commerce and The Independent as well as Emily Hepworth who has served as manager for several years and is now relocating to northern Utah.





After concert reception


Concert photos by Sara Penny:

Composer Alex Byers with his family
Guest vocalist Matthew Clegg with composer Alex Byers

When I Consider the Heavens by Alex Byers
Lyrics, with quotes from Psalms

When I consider thy heavens; When I consider the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars which thou hast ordained. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Be merciful unto me, oh God, For there be many that fight against me, oh God, oh God. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust, I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. Great is our Lord, and of great power His understanding is infinite. He telleth the number of the stars: He calleth them all by their names. He healeth the broken of heart, and bindeth up their wounds. Thy mercy O Lord, is in the heavens: and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains: thy judgments are a great deep: O Lord, thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is thy loving kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.



Lobby Music by Children's Chorus

Children directed by Jolene Heit with Harry Taylor at piano

Space Foundation display in lobby before the concert.  More info: https://susf.org/






OSU Award from The Independent as Music Group of Year for Region

Rehearsal Photos thanks to Des Penny and Rollan Fell:









Photos from Samantha Nielsen with Aerobatics Performing Arts:






No comments:

Post a Comment