Monday, December 12, 2011

  • Patron comments we've received on last night's performance:

    I attended last night's performance and commend you and the entire group for a most moving performance. Last night the strings were synchronized, in tune, and very effective. This can only be attributed to your (Xun's) leadership and guidance. Well done!

    Of the soloists, I particularly enjoyed alto Taliah Johnson. Although I have listened to No 23 for years, last night was the first time that I realized the string counterpoint as weeping. The recitative soloist Elise Read was also effective. I found that the semi-chorus on the side of the theatre for No 33 and No 44 was an excellent concept and gave a stereo effect.

    Best regards (and again, congratulations on an excellent performance.
  • More comments on Sunday's performance:

    Once again the OSU outdid itself with an inspiring and beautiful rendition of the Messiah. I think the chorus was the best I've heard. Of course the orchestra is always good. I thought Xun was going to jump in the air at times. I don't think I ever remember seeing such a well dressed group of singers.

    I hope it goes well tonight and that the audience should not clap between numbers. I don't think people noticed it in their programs. I loved what he said about the 71st performance and when June Thorley started playing with the orchestra - quite a history.

No comments:

Post a Comment